Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is the latin word for "myself"?

I am trying to create a personal logo (like John Steinbeck's "Pigasus" logo, with a symbol and motto). For the motto I wish to include in this logo, I wish to simply use the word "Myself" in latin. Never having studied latin before, I would like to know how myself is translated to in latin, as all of the english-latin translators online cannot answer this question for me. If it makes a difference to the translation of the word, the subject (me) is masculine.|||You really have to have some context to determine the best way to translate that.There are several ways:





Ipse - by itself, with the 'I' understood or implied





Ego ipse = I myself (not me ipse)





Me/mihi/mei = if you're looking for a reflexive.





Egomet = I myself as an emphatic|||'me ipse' would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment