Saturday, February 11, 2012

How do you properly and grammatically say "My word is law" is latin?

I looked it up using the only translators but they keep giving me the phrase "Meux vox est Lex", which I don't have problem with except when I try to reverse translate it each translator says that Meux is not a real latin word. Thus leaving me to believe that "Vox" or word has a possessive tense that the computer is not able to discern. So if anyone knows how to speak latin or is familiar with latin phrasing and grammar, your help would be greatly appreciated.|||"Vox" is incorrect. Vox means voice, not word.





The correct translation is: "Meum verbum lex est."|||Vox mea lex est.|||I agree with Matt, but I would put the noun first:





"Verbum meum lex est."





It still doesn't really sound like something you'd find in a Latin text, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment