Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I need help with a Latin translation issue. Do not need a link to a translator.?

Okay.. so basically I'm looking for the most correct translation of the phrase "I persevere so that I may flourish." The cleanest translation I've found is modifying it to "I persevere to allow me to flourish," which is coming out for me as "ego persevero permitto mihi vigeo." Advice? Also, a) what are and b) how important is capitalization in this phrase? Any and all help is appreciated!|||You do need some help.





ego persevero permitto mihi vigeo - That's not even close to what you think it is. It really doesn't make sense, but a literal translation is:





I persevere I permit to me I flourish. - Looks like something made up using dictionary headwords.





Persevero ut vigeam. = I persevere so that I may flourish.





As for capitals, what are you after? If you want it as a motto, it would be capitalized as a title of a book would be - in the case, Persevero ut Vigeam. If you want it as a simple statement, capitalize just the first word. If you want to capitalize like the Romans did, all are in caps - there was no lower case, and 'U' and 'V' were both written as 'V': PERSEVERO VT VIGEAM

No comments:

Post a Comment