Saturday, February 11, 2012

How do I say "We are immortal" in Latin?

I know that:


nos = we


immortalis = immortal





In Spanish, I would say Somos immortalis, with "Somos" meaning "we are" but I cannot find any reference to something similiar in the Latin translators online. .... and I just don't see the point in paying for a three word translation. =)|||Immortales sumus.








(Where do you think the Spanish came from?!)|||Immortales Sumus, Sumus Immortales (the order does not matter) as it has already said.


Online translators are never reliable, especially for a complicated language such as latin.


In Spanish it would be "somos inmortales", not immortalis.


***


True! Inmortales!!!|||Immortales sumus.





The verb usually goes at the end of the sentence in Latin.





Immortales is the plural of immortalis.|||The correct way to say we are immortal in Spanish is somos iNmortales, not iMMortales.

No comments:

Post a Comment