Saturday, February 4, 2012

What does "En Loco Parentis" mean in Latin?

It's a homework question in Geography and I need it ASAP! Geo is my first class tomorrow and my mom will murder me if she sees me still doing homework! Please! I can't find a Latin translator anywhere! I really need help!|||It doesn't mean your parents are crazy!


In place of the parents.


When you are at school, the teachers and administration make decisions about you "in place of your parents."|||The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent" or "instead of a parent,"[1] refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent. Originally derived from English common law, it is applied in two separate areas of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment