Saturday, February 11, 2012

What do these latin words mean in english?

I got this small assignment from my physics teacher,


I need to translate the words:


Nunc Coepi


Destinatus terminatio


From latin to english.


I cant find the translation anywhere. i tried using a translator but it didn't make any sense.





if you don't feel like doing this or think i should can you at least give me a good translation site?|||The first two words mean "Now I began" or"Now I have begun." The other two don't fit together and don't fit with the first two, either. "Destinatus" is a past participle meaning what it looks like: "destined." "Terminatio" is a noun that also means what it looks like in English: "termination," i. e. "end" or maybe "outcome" or "goal." Both are in the nominative case--form that must be used for subjects. However, "destinatus" is masculine, and"terminatio" is feminine. If the first of those words were "destinata," the two together could be a phrase meaning "destined end" or "destined goal"; or, since in Latin sentences forms of "to be" can be understood, it could mean "the end is destined."





Now, are all four of those words meant to go together? If they are, they need more revision. If "coepi" were changed to "coepit," you would have a sentence meaning "Now the destined end has begun." Or if "destinata terminatio" were changed to "destinatam terminationem," the sentence would mean "Now I have begun the destined end." You might find better synonyms for "destined end" in either case.|||Nunc: Now, Today, At Present


Coepi: Begin, Commence, Initiate, Set foot on





Destinatus: Stubborn, Obstinate, Determined, Resolved, Resolute, Firm, Destined or With one's mind made up


Terminatio: Making the Boundaries of a Territory, termination, determination, setting of boundaries|||"Now I begin the end of my journey." I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment