Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A good Latin to English Translator?

Does anyone know of a good Latin-English translation website? Or could anyone help me do it?|||I'm fluent in Latin, and I've never found a good on-line translator, since Latin has a very hard grammar and a machine can't understand all the various possible translations of each grammar case, there are lots of good dictionary but you can't use them if you don't kno, at least, the basic the grammar rules.


That's why on-line translations that I read here are ridiculous!!!





EDIT: Sure! Here it is:


Dido ad Annam sororem properavit: "Anna soror," dixit, "animus meus miser periculis terretur; Aeneam amo. Quid agam?"





Dido (has) speeded up (her) sister Anna: "Anna, (my) sister" she (has) said "my unfortunate soul is cared by dangers (troubles/risks), I love Enea.What will I do?"





(The last part is quite general, but is the most literal one ^_^ ...)|||There is no such thing.


You just need to learn Latin: have a go here:


http://latinum.mypodcast.com


This is a free online Latin audio course.

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us.
    thewordpoint.com

    ReplyDelete