Wednesday, February 8, 2012

North Carolina's motto is Latin but when I enter it into translators it isn't. I need help?

I've been assigned a geography project. For the project I have to make a brochure. I researched the state's motto (Esse quam videri) and every site says it's latin. But when I entered it in an online translator to be sure it isn't. It's supposed to read: To be rather to seem, in english but it doesn't. What language is it? Please give your website's URL too. I need an answer before Thursday night. Thanks.|||Yes, it's Latin, and it means "To be rather than to seem." Translation sites just can't handle all the inflections of Latin. (Isn't it good to know that there are some areas in which the human mind is still smarter than a computer?)|||Actually it is latin. You should have tried a different translator. Well this is the URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esse_quam_videri





WIKIPEDIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment