Saturday, February 11, 2012

English to Latin translation from movie "Troy" NEED PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR?

"There are no pacts between lions and men."





Google Translator is wrong by the way.





Does anyone know where I could go for a professional translator? I want this tattooed on me so I don't want it to be wrong lol.|||OK, take it easy. If you don't want Greek, you don't want Greek. Magister's Latin translation is absolutely right.|||Are you sure you don't want it in Greek, as Achilles was Greek?


Maybe I am just insulting your intelligence, sorry if I am, but you would hate to get the translation right and the language wrong.


I just don't understand the Latin connection, other than Aeneas being from Troy.





BTW, http://archives.nd.edu/latgramm.htm is a great translation site, but you need some knowledge of Latin to use it.|||It would be "Nulla pacta inter homines et leones" (you have not to use the verb "to be" in latin).





However, maybe Tommy's right, Achilles was greek, and not Roman. If you don't know how to read greek letters, just tell me and I'll show you the pronunciation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment