Saturday, February 4, 2012

What is the Latin translation for "Eternal Life"?

I tried using an English to Latin translator, but i'm not getting what I was hoping for. I'm trying to think of a name for a fictional character, so I was looking for latin words that I could make into a name to fit into my story. I'm not even sure if it would work out, but I've never been good at names. I had an idea: "Aetas Aevum", but I think that means "Age Eternal" and I don't think that would turn out how im hoping. So I need some help.|||"vita aeterna" or "aeterna vita" is correct.


"Aetas Aevum" are two nouns and it would mean "Age Eternity"





The Latin noun aeternitas means eternity, immortality but also eternal life. So if your character does not necessarely have to have a first name and a last name you could just use it.





Both vita and aeternitas are nouns with female gender in Latin so they would better fit for a female character.





"animus" means soul, spirit, courage but also life and is masc. gender


and there are also some more adjectives meaning eternal


e.g. sempiternus, perennis, perpetuus or aeternus (these are the masc. forms so you can join them with animus


e.g. Animus Perennis etc.





Hope it helps.|||The most common translation is "Vita aeterna", which is the expression used in the Apostolic Creed.

No comments:

Post a Comment