Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can some one translate this peice of Nordic text into Latin?

Doing a painting for a mate and want to put this into Latin. Did the google translator thing but it keeps coming up skewed, anyone speak Latin and can translate this for me? Thanks








"I know that I hung, on the wind-swept tree, for nine whole nights, pierced by the spear..."|||This sentence is great for demonstrating the "rule" in Latin that you should express first Time, then Manner, and finally Place.





"I know that I for nine nights hung, by the spear transfixed, in-the-beaten-tree by the wind":





"scio me novem noctes suspendisse, telo transfixus pulso in arbore vento."|||S茅 que me cuelgan, en el viento-barrido 谩rbol, durante nueve noches enteras, traspasado por la lanza

No comments:

Post a Comment