Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do I translate "I can learn" into Latin?

I would like to translate "I can learn" into Latin. One translator suggested "I Discitur" and another "Ego potest discere". Big difference. Which is it? A different one even?|||I would say "possum discere". The pronoun "ego" is correct, but "potest" means


"he is able" not "I am able". The word "possum" means "I am able" used with the


infinitive "discere, or "to learn". The pronoun "ego" with it is optional, since the


form "possum" is first person singular and implies the pronoun "I" as the subject.


The first translation "I discitur" is not correct, since "discitur" is passive, meaning


"it is learned" and we want the active voice of the verb here.


"Possum discere" means "I can (or am able to) learn".


Hope this helps!|||I cananus learnticus!|||www.google.translate.com I get my Spanish answers there!

No comments:

Post a Comment